Pages

Friday, August 8, 2008

Baseball Reveries

"Back then, my idol was Bugs Bunny, because I saw a cartoon of him playing ball - you know, the one where he plays every position himself with nobody else on the field but him? Now that I think of it, Bugs is still my idol. You have to love a ballplayer like that." ~Nomar Garciaparra

Manny = big pain in the ass for just about everyone involved... I was so close to escaping involvement, too. Poor Joe Torre. It'll be interesting to see how he handles the high-maintenance handful as time goes by and Manny gets bored with LA.

A-Rod = family man? uhhh, no, no, not really.

Derek Jeter = still beautiful; still "my husband".

Girardi = Optimistic for the rest of us spooked by baseball curses of old and those yet to befall on us. Gotta love him for that.

The Anaheim Angels - wtf? These are the ANAHEIM ANGELS...I'm confused. Remember that really bad movie about how they lose all the time? ...yeeaaaahhh, so, anyway....

Joba - you're killin' me Smalls!

David Ortiz - I still hate you.

My Dear Jorge = will be missed by many (that's "many", not Manny; Manny doesn't care about anyone but himself), including myself.

Placido Polanco - If you took all the vowels out of his full-name, his first and last names would be ridiculously similar.

Molina - I'm totally impressed. Never thought you had it in you.

Xavier Nady - Ok, I can deal.

Mets...freakin' Mets. I have nothing to say about the Mets.

A final thought = If I have to hear about another addition to the DL, I will surely hurl breakable objects at my television/computer screen. Are players getting wimpier as time goes by? Keep it together, guys! It's only August!







No comments: